Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Countdown to E-night: 4 Days!

HAHHHHHHHHHHHHLOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

How is everyone coping with Mondayitis/Tuesdayitis? Personally, I'm just really, really, really, REALLY looking forward to the weekend... I need a break. (Apparently I'm not allowed to tell you any grandmother stories here, so if you see me I'll be glad to cast all my burdens on you in a thirteen-hour saga.) But there are no rules against singing, so: You are my strength, strength like no other...

Okay, enough small talk already and lemme announce some stuff lah. :)


-



I bet you already know this, but for the blur ones out there, there's mid-week prayer on WED, 1-2pm, at the Campus Center Piano Room 1. Feel free to drop by, even if just for 10 minutes! I really think there's no replacement to resting in God's presence, and being in fellowship with each other through prayer. So, come lah... it'll be good, I promise! :)

If I told you Mel, Mornique, Xuan Qi, Isaac, Calvin and Amanda were working very hard, along with our awesome and faithfully available team for E-night this week, doing rehearsals and other behind-the-scenes stuff, would that inspire you to invite someone along for this Friday? If I told you that falling on your knees in prayer and crying out for the salvation of your friends was worth it, would that move you to ask God for more, for the lives of all your unsaved friends and family? What would it mean for you, personally, to see all that happening? E-night is on THIS FRIDAY, 7pm @ Banquet Room (Campus Center). (Note: This will replace the usual OCF meeting at Rotunda.)

Attention everybody! I know some of us, especially of the female variety, will have probably bought and hoarded stuff we've never really used, or needed, at all. And I hereby announce the solution to all your hoarding problems: FILL-THE-BOX! The Northern Territory mission trip people need your help - anything ranging from girl accessories, sports equipment, bibles and more! (Wow, doesn't this ad convince you now...). Do take note that clothes will not be accepted due to hygiene reasons, that may or may not be related to your own. Bring the stuff to E-night and pass it to Ivie. Oh, and Faith says it's not really nice to take a half-empty box all the way there, although it's "half-full" if you think about it more optimistically.


-


On one last note, I just want to encourage all of you to especially uplift E-night, and all its workings, to God in prayer every day of this week. Let's see God work through the faith we have in His promises, and what He can do with such an event like this one. With that I'm just gonna leave you one of my favourite passages of prayer.

Luke 11: 5-10 (NLT): Then, teaching them more about prayer, he used this story: “Suppose you went to a friend’s house at midnight, wanting to borrow three loaves of bread. You say to him,‘A friend of mine has just arrived for a visit, and I have nothing for him to eat.’ And suppose he calls out from his bedroom, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is locked for the night, and my family and I are all in bed. I can’t help you.’ But I tell you this—though he won’t do it for friendship’s sake, if you keep knocking long enough, he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistence. “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.


I often wonder how shamelessly persistent I should be, especially in praying for the salvation of my unsaved family and friends. Let's press on, together ;)

God bless you.

Love,
Charis :)

No comments: