Saturday, January 02, 2010

2nd day into 2010!

Hellooo Claytonites!

2 days into the new year; I hope it's been a foreshadowing of how 2010 is going to be your best year ever! I've been ending my cards with, May 2010 be your best year ever, because life with Jesus only ever gets better! And it's true – as God continually grows us, we find Him sweeter because the more we go through, the more God reveals Himself to be faithful and true, among so many other characteristics!


-


I've been thinking about "worship" a lot lately. 
What is "worship"? A song?

In the song Heart of worship, Matt Redman writes:
I'll bring You more than a song...

And he goes on, 
I'm coming back to the heart of worship

So, what is worship?

Can you hear it as you've sung it many times before?
It's all about You, Jesus

2009 has seen God call Overseas Christian Fellowship Clayton to worship Him through the focus of IMPACT; it has 2 parts to it:

1. In My Presence – we first focus on God; it's all about Him. We need to know what He wants.
2. ACT – then we do it! And again, when we act, it is all about Him.

As a group, we have made an IMPACT through things such as exam prayer, blessing ministry, winter camp (Be ready because I believe), E-night (Playing on broken strings) and Feed-Our-Friends. 

How about as an individual? Have I made an IMPACT? 
If yes, how so? 
If no, how can I do so?

If we haven't taken time to reflect on 2009, and commit 2010 to God, let's take some time to shhh, right now.


-


I think I can say this on behalf of us all, from every Claytonite to every other Claytonite – thank you ALL for making 2009 such a great year! Really! Partnering with God; the fun, the friendship, the laughter, the events, the badminton, the pressing through and encouragement, the Bible studies, the prayer, and the making/eating of supper, to name a few! 

Okiedokes. May 2010 be your best year ever, because life with Jesus only ever gets better! :D

In His love and mine,
Faith (:

No comments: